Phelps Helps would like to share the following updates about our response to the Covid-19 pandemic. The health and safety of our team members, participants, and the community are essential to us. With the news that school closures will continue until May 1st, Phelps Helps has taken the following measures for the month of April:
- Phelps Helps offices will remain closed.
- No program sessions or special events are being held during this period.
- A reduced team of staff will continue working remotely.
As this is a fluid situation, our team has devised the following action plan to inform our programming and ensure that our participants and our community continue to receive the services that they need now more than ever.
- Phelps team members will be contacting all participants and their families to reassure them and assess what their particular needs may be at this time. We will also be contacting our partners, schools, and other community organizations to streamline services and ensure there is no duplication.
- Evaluate needs assessed and create a comprehensive action plan to best address the most urgent needs shared; this may result in an adaptation of our current programs.
Please note: if the needs expressed fall outside of Phelps' mandate, we will provide referrals to community partners who can assist them.
The Phelps Helps Action Plan will be shared in the coming weeks.