December is a month of giving. Not only is volunteerism a gift of your time, but it is also a way to feel a sense of joy, purpose and achievement around the holidays. Volunteering with Phelps Helps does not mean being an expert in any specific subject. Our volunteers play sports with elementary students, support elementary and high school student learning and act as positive role models.
If you have a willingness to create a positive relationship with a local youth, Phelps will provide all the training you need to feel confident in your role. Our weekly sessions include:
- Tuesdays, 2:30-4:00: Elementary Tutoring Program at Sunnyside Elementary (physical activity, storytelling and homework help)
- Tuesdays, 4:30-6:00: High School Tutoring Program at Phelps Helps (tutoring)
- Wednesday, 3:00-4:30: Phelps en français - elementary at Jardin-des-Frontières (physical activity, storytelling and homework help)
- Wednesdays, 4:30-6:00: Phelps en français - high school at Phelps Helps (tutoring)
- Thursdays, 2:30-4:00: Spark Program at Sunnyside Elementary (physical activity and hands-on learning)
- Thursdays, 4:30-6:00: High School Tutoring Program at Phelps Helps (tutoring)
Sign up as a volunteer today by contacting our Volunteer Coordinator, Clea Corman, by email email@example.com or call 819-704-0799.
We would also like to thank all of those who donated to our 4th annual Winter Clothing sale. Donating items, such as winter clothing, also demonstrates another valuable way to give around the holidays.